Free representation available to veterans

Did you know service officers care and can help you, and it will cost you nothing? Yes, that is true, free of charge. The Royal Canadian Legion’s Veterans Services Network service officers can assist and represent still-serving Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members, veterans, RCMP members and their families regarding disability claims or related issues...
  • Serving You: July/August 2014

    July 1, 2014 by Legion Magazine
    Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) is responsible for the care and well being of qualified veterans accommodated in long-term care (LTC) facilities across Canada. Priority access beds and contract beds number approximately 3,500 in 171 different sites, and approximately another 6,000 veterans are accommodated in over...
  • Serving You: May/June 2014

    May 1, 2014 by Legion Magazine
    Question: I was injured in the Second World War and only found out in 2010 that I could apply for a disability pension from Veterans Affairs Canada. My application was favorable but I am disappointed that my benefits were not retroactive to the date of...
  • Serving You: March/April 2014

    March 1, 2014 by Legion Magazine
    Question: I am a Class A reservist and I sustained an injury on a training accident with the Canadian Armed Forces. I completed a CF 98 Report of Injury, Disease or Illness and am unable to work. Due to this injury, I could not complete...
  • Serving You: January/February 2014

    January 1, 2014 by Legion Magazine
    Question: My stepdad served in Britain, and is now a Canadian citizen and member of The Royal Canadian Legion. He has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and is under the impression that there are funds available from the Legion to help my mother pay...
  • Did You Know Service Officers Can Help You?

    November 1, 2013 by Legion Magazine
    Supporting A Veteran’s ID Card Question: I served nine and a half years in the Royal Canadian Air Force/Canadian Armed Forces. I would like to have a convenient identification (ID) card to prove my service but there is not one available to me, only a...
  • Did You Know Service Officers Can Help You?

    September 7, 2013 by Legion Magazine
    What Benefits Will Survivors Receive? Question: I am a veteran receiving a Canadian Forces Superannuation (CFSA) pension and I also receive a disability pension from Veterans Affairs Canada. What will my spouse be entitled to after my death? Response: In regards to the disability pension...
How well do you know Canada?

The Great Canada Quiz

Test your knowledge and win cash prizes up to $1,000!