Here are the answers to our Readers’ Quiz in the November/December 2010 issue.
- The last aircraft carrier in the Royal Canadian Navy was Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship Bonaventure, fondly known as the “Bonnie”.
- HMS Investigator set sail in 1850 to find missing Arctic explorer Sir John Franklin.
- The St. Julien Memorial pays tribute to the Canadian who died in the first gas attacks in the First World War.
- Canadian soldiers were shot and buried in the garden of the Abbaye d’Ardenne shortly after D-Day.
- A meeting of elders in Afghanistan is called a Shura.