Here are the answers to the Readers’ Quiz in January/February 2012 issue of Legion Magazine.
- Former United States president Thomas Jefferson said prior to the War of 1812 that the acquisition of Canada up to the vicinity of Montreal ”would be a mere matter of marching.”
- Lieutenant-Colonel Charles de Salaberry successfully led the francophone troops in the battle of Chateauguay.
- The Memorial Cross which is given to family members of those who died serving Canada is commonly referred to as the Silver Cross.
- Rocky Mountain House, Alta., is found on the North Saskatchewan River.
- The “Lost Legion” of the Royal Canadian Air Force are those members who served in the Royal Air Force units, rather than Canadian ones.