Here are the answers to the Readers’ Quiz in the March/April issue of Legion Magazine.
- Halifax-born William Hall received the Victoria Cross for his actions during the 1857 Indian Mutiny.
- Sir Arthur Currie, from Victoria, was given command of the Canadian Corps after Sir Julian Byng led it to victory at Vimy Ridge.
- The largest prisoner of war camps in Canada during the Second World War were in Alberta at Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.
- The air force was the most effective deterrent to U-boats in the St. Lawrence in 1942.
- Canada’s training mission in Afghanistan is slated to end in 2014.