Here are the answers to our Readers’ Quiz in the September/October 2011 issue of Legion Magazine.
- An attestation paper was the document a recruit signed to serve in the First World War. Attestation papers give the recruit’s name, age, description, parents and place of enlistment.
- When Prince William and Catherine Middleton married in April they were bestowed with the titles the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Alberta and Saskatchewan became provinces of the Dominion of Canada in 1905.
- The Gumboot Navy was a nickname for the Fisherman’s Naval Reserve, formed in 1938 consisting of British Columbia fishing boats and their crews of European extraction.
- Canada was part of the International Control Commissions for Vietnam. Cambodia and Laos in the 1950s.